If you are a person who can never have too many bags, this is the swap for you!!
) are handmade, re-usable, fabric shopping bags. The website will give you directions to make a morsbag, and lots of information and inspiration about shopping “green” by avoiding plastic bags that can harm the environment. I have made a few morsbags myself, and I can say that they are easy and fun to make! I posted a tutorial on my blog
that you might find helpful if you have any questions about the construction of the bag.
The morsbag is a very simple, basic bag (with the exception of French seams!—don’t worry, you CAN do it!!), so feel free to add something: what about a pocket for coupons? Maybe some ribbon, or an embroidered initial? Be creative and have fun!
To round out the package you send to your partner, you will also make two small or one medium item. A small item takes about an hour to make; a medium takes about two hours to make. Stalk your partner and make something she will love.Details of swap:
--You will craft one morsbag (using the pattern at the morsbag website
) PLUS two small or one medium item to suit your partner’s tastes.
--You will have a little over 3 weeks to craft, from 1/7/12 to 1/31/12.
--You have creative freedom to use any fabric, any embellishment, any technique you want to make your morsbag and the extras; you are encouraged to put your own spin on it! Just be sure it is something your partner will like.
-- You will need to post in this thread at least once a week so we know you are still crafting with us.*PLEASE READ THIS!*
- No one like to be flaked on, so if you aren't sure if you can do this swap, don't sign up.
- You must get delivery confirmation if sending within the U.S., or a mailing receipt if sending elsewhere.
- If you must send late, let the organizers and your partner know ASAP.
- Good communication is very important. Please stay in touch by posting weekly in the swap thread.
- Please post photos of the package you receive in the gallery.
- HAVE FUN!
Limited to a certain number of people? Yes, 40
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? No
Additional age requirement? No
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: Leslieshappyheart and wendiek
Sign-up date range: Dec 30th - Jan 7th
Date to send item by: Jan. 31st, 2012
Swap Co-organizers themselves meet these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: Yes
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: Yes
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: Yes
- Is at least 18 years old: Yes
Swap Co-organizers will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: Yes
- Has posted at least 15 times: Yes
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: Yes
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: Yes
- Does not have any negative feedback: Yes
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old: Yes
- If within the US, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: Yes
- If outside the US, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: YesIf you have any questions about this or anything else, please ask your co-organizers .
If you want to participate, send the questionnaire below to both "wendiek", and "Leslieshappyheart"
QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap: Craft This Tote Round 2
Your real name:
Mailing address including the country in correct shipping format:
Would you be willing to ship to an address outside your own country?
Confirm that you are at least 16 years old or, if not, that you have moderator approval (YES/NO)
1. Do you have any allergies that are strong enough to prevent you from being partnered with certain people?
2. Do you have any other allergies or things to avoid (such as nickel or animal products)?
3. Do you have any allergens (pets, smoke) in your house?
4. Favorite colors?
5. Least favorite colors?
6. Are there any crafted items that you would especially love to receive?
7. Are there any crafted items that you do not want to receive?
8. What crafts do you do?
9. Are there any fabric patterns/designs that you love(checks, polka dots, stripes, etc.)?
10. Are there any fabric patterns/designs that you can't stand?
11. What are some of your favorite things/styles/themes (vintage, cats, moustaches, nature, robots, etc.)?
12. Are there any styles/themes your partner should avoid?
13. If your partner wants to include a snack in your package, is there anything she should avoid sending?
14. If you have any other strong dislikes that might pertain to the swap, please let them be known:
15. Please give a link to your Wists, Pinterest, Etsy Favorites, etc (if you don't have one, please start one today!):
16. Please add a few more details about yourself and your tastes to help your partner get an idea of what you would like to receive. The more information you give, the better she can craft for you. If you have any specific items in mind, add a link to them:IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR QUESTIONNAIRE TO BOTH “wendiek”, AND “Leslieshappyheart” VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE; DO NOT POST IT HERE.
Also, remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find other rules about participating in a swapPARTICIPANTS
3. Houlihan--welcome first-time swapper!
12. Solitary Cricket
24. krisjo--welcome first-time swapper!
27. Deece in MN
30. Eclectic Dreamer
32. teelee--welcome first-time swapper!
40. quaggyPARTNERSLeslieshappyheart's Group
Leslieshappyheart <---> waggonswest
lukenlarry <---> quaggy
fiddlegirl8 <---> onegroovyday
StickerChic87 <---> mandys_momma
raewolo <---> Sharalee
Bobomom <---> Terracruz
CraftyMamaBee <---> solitary cricket
krisjo <---> Franknhurter
susanab <---> Houlihan
EllaRain <---> Antidiggerwendiek's Group
Interrobam <---> teelee
louw <---> beccabadger
silentblair <---> unsuperb
Deece in MN <---> Koreena
bubblegum_phoenix <---> Kookaloo_Starr
Strawberryh <---> FeliciaSlayDCRG
Eclectic Dreamer <---> ckchan
Bann88 <---> abbeyrd83
texscrapper <---> MissingWillow