Click here for the GALLERY!
If you love dogs or cats, or both, you will love this cat-and-dog-themed swap!We will be crafting for the swapper, not the pet, so you don't have to own a cat or dog to participate
(but you would be free to make a little something "extra" for Fido or Snowball if you wish!) You can make any sort of cat or dog-themed items you think your partner will like, for example:
--a cat or dog shaped pincushion, bag, pillow, pouch etc
--a cat or dog plush or keychain
--use a dog or cat-print fabric to make coasters/mug rug, napkins, placemats, potholders, Kindle cover, iPod or cell phone sleeve, table runner, etc.
--hand or machine applique a cat or dog onto any of the above
--embroider a dog or cat onto anything!
--freezer-paper stencil a dog or cat onto a t-shirt or morsbag (www.morsbags.com
) or anything else
--a serving tray painted with a puppy or kitty
--cushion cover decorated in any medium with a cat or dog
--anything else you can dream up!This will be a 3-point swap
, so you will craft either one small and one medium, or one large, or three smalls.
-Large = 3 or more hours
-Medium = 2 or more hours
-Small = 2 or less hours
-Large = A shawl, a shirt, a skirt, a set of jewelry with four to five items, a purse
-Medium = one single necklace or bracelet, a scarf
-Small = Earrings, stickers, wallets, pouches, bookmarks
-Large = $30 or more
-Medium = $10-$30 dollars
-Small = $10 or less
Any type of crafting will work for this, so you can sew, paint, knit, crochet, get crafty with paper or polymer clay, etc, as long as you make something your partner will like, based on her questionnaire and her pinterest, wists, etc.Details of swap:
--You will craft 3 points-worth of cat and/or dog-related goodies, using any craft medium or technique, keeping your partner’s preferences in mind. Each of the items should somehow incorporate the cat or dog theme (whichever your partner prefers).
--You will be crafting for the swapper, not the pet, but you may include something for the pet as an extra.
--You will have four full weeks to craft and send, from April 3rd to May 1st.
-- Please post in this thread (or the gallery thread) at least once a week so we know you are still crafting with us.*PLEASE READ THIS!*
- No one like to be flaked on, so if you aren't sure if you can do this swap, don't sign up.
- You must get delivery confirmation if sending within the U.S., or a mailing receipt if sending elsewhere.
- If you must send late, let the organizers and your partner know ASAP.
- Good communication is very important. Please stay in touch by posting weekly in the swap thread.
- Please post photos of the package you receive in the gallery, and take pictures of what you make before you send it.
- HAVE FUN!
Limited to a certain number of people? Yes, 40
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? No
Additional age requirement? No
Craftster members who are organizing this swap: Leslieshappyheart and susanabSign-up date range: March 27-April 3
Date to send item by: May 1, 2012
Swap Co-organizers themselves meet these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: Yes
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: Yes
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: Yes
- Is at least 18 years old: Yes
Swap Co-organizers will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: Yes
- Has posted at least 15 times: Yes
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: Yes
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: Yes
- Does not have any negative feedback: Yes
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old: Yes
- If within the US, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: Yes
- If outside the US, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: YesIf you have any questions about this or anything else, please ask your co-organizers .
If you want to participate, send the questionnaire below to both "susanab", and "Leslieshappyheart"QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap: I Love Cats or Dogs Swap
Your real name:
Mailing address including the country in correct shipping format:
Would you be willing to ship to an address outside your own country?
Confirm that you are at least 16 years old or, if not, that you have moderator approval (YES/NO)
1. Do you have any allergies that are strong enough to prevent you from being partnered with certain people?
2. Do you have any other allergies or things to avoid (such as nickel or animal products)?
3. Do you have any allergens (pets, smoke) in your house?
4. Please list the number and type of cats and/or dogs you own, and their names:
5. Which do you wish to receive: things that are cat-themed, dog-themed, or no preference?
6. Please list a few items you would especially love to receive:
7. Are there any items or types of crafts you do not wish to receive?
8. What crafts do you do?
9. Favorite colors?
10. Least favorite colors?
11. If you have any strong dislikes that might pertain to the swap, please let them be known:
12. Please give a link to your Wists, Pinterest, Etsy Favorites, etc (if you don't have one, please start one today!):
13. Please add a few more details about yourself and your tastes to help your partner get an idea of who you are. The more information you give, the better she can craft for you. IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR QUESTIONNAIRE TO BOTH “susanab”, AND “Leslieshappyheart” VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE; DO NOT POST IT HERE.
Also, remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find other rules about participating in a swapPARTICIPANTS
--welcome first-time swapper!
24. Eclectic Dreamer
26. mlookyloo1PARTNERS!TEAM CAT
susanab <--> fancybutch
Leslieshappyheart <--> crassy_mcnasty
rubies-pearls <--> imebears
ohiodiygirl <--> Eclectic Dreamer
Mycutezombies <--> Jexxican
fiddlegirl8 <--> wendiekTEAM DOG
Bobomom <--> mom2em
Sharalee <--> gotgrey
ale0059 <--> chrmisha
kjbaloo <--> mlookyloo1
pjr107 <--> PurplePaisley
dessadoll <--> DoveVazo
legatostroke <--> Mod35tBabe