To go to the gallery, CLICK RIGHT HERE!
For those who love the look of scrappy patchwork, or those with waaaay too many fabric scraps, susanab and I present this swap! Usually, in the swaps we organize, we offer a pattern for the item that will be swapped; this time, we are offering a technique (the scrappy patchwork technique) that can be used to create anything you think your partner will like. I'm also offering an ENVELOPE OF BEAUTIFUL SCRAPS to get you started! You will find the technique in two places on my blog:
Scrappy Patchwork Tutorial and Scrap Fabric Giveawayhttp://lesliesartandsew.blogspot.com/2011/10/scrappy-patchwork-tutorial.html
Scrappy Snappy Pouch Tutorial http://lesliesartandsew.blogspot.com/2011/10/scrappy-snappy-pouch-tutorial.html
You don't have to use the technique (or scraps) we offer, as long as you craft items that have lots of different fabrics in them! The requirement for the swap would be two smalls or one medium item. For those who think two smalls isn't enough, you may have two partners if you wish!
Just about anything you would make out of fabric could be made “scrappy”. Here are the things I’m thinking about—what would you add to this list?
--coffee mug cozy
--iPod cozyDetails of swap:
--You will have a choice of one or two partners.
--You will make two small items or one medium item for each partner. A “small” is generally considered as something that takes under 2 hours to make; a “medium” something that takes 2-3 hours to make.
--You will have a 4 week crafting time, from 11/02/11 to 11/30/11
--You have creative freedom to use any fabric, any embellishment, any technique you want, as long as what you craft is “scrappy” (using at least 5 different fabrics) and suited to your partner’s tastes.
-- You will need to post in this thread at least once a week
so we know you are still crafting with us.*PLEASE READ!*
- No one like to be flaked on, so if you aren't sure if you can do this swap, don't sign up.
- You must get delivery confirmation if sending within the U.S., or a mailing receipt if sending elsewhere.
- If you must send late, let the organizers and your partner know ASAP.
- Please post photos of the package you receive in the gallery.
- HAVE FUN!
Limited to a certain number of people? Yes, 40
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? No
Additional age requirement? No
Swap Co-organizers themselves meet these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: Yes
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: Yes
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: Yes
- Is at least 18 years old: Yes
Swap Co-organizers will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: Yes
- Has posted at least 15 times: Yes
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: Yes
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: Yes
- Does not have any negative feedback: Yes
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old: Yes
- If within the US, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: Yes
- If outside the US, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: Yes
If you have any questions about this or anything else, please ask your co-organizers .
___________________ __________________ ___________________ ___________________ __
If you want to participate, send information to both "susanab", and "Leslieshappyheart"QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap: Scrap Happy Swap
Your real name:
Mailing address including the country in correct shipping format:
Would you be willing to ship to an address outside your own country?
Confirm that you are at least 16 years old or, if not, that you have moderator approval (YES/NO)
Would you like one or two partners?
1. Do you have any allergies?
2. Do you have any allergens (pets, smoke) in your house?
3. Favorite colors?
4. Least favorite colors?
5. Please name at least 5 items that you would love to receive.
6. Please name at least 5 items that you would be comfortable making:
7. Are there any patterns/designs that you love(checks, polka dots, stripes, etc.)?
8. Are there any patterns/designs that you can't stand?
9. What are some of your favorite things/styles/themes (vintage, cats, moustaches, nature, robots, etc.)?
10. How would you describe your personal style (casual, tailored, hippie)?
11. What is your sewing level (beginner, intermediate, advanced?)
12. Are there any sewn items you would not wish to receive?
13. Are there any snacks you would love to receive?
Any that you do not wish to receive?
14. If you have any strong dislikes, please let them be known:
15. Please give a link to your Wists, Pinterest, Etsy Favorites, etc:
16. If you gave very short answers to the above questions, or if you don't have a Wist, etc, your partner will have trouble crafting for you! So, please help her out now by telling a little more about yourself--work, hobbies, family, etc.--these details might give her a great idea for something to make for you!IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR QUESTIONNAIRE TO “susanab”, “Leslieshappyheart” VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE; DO NOT POST IT HERE.
Also, remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find other rules about participating in a swapPARTICIPANTS:
20. ArtmamaJen--welcome first-time swapper!!
29. Foxy Sam
33. waterbabyPARTNERS!!susanab's Group:
susanab <---> cabaute
StickerChic87 <---> cabaute
teachart <---> ArtmamaJen
abbeyrd83 <---> cxcaitlyn
Foxy Sam <---> nilmerg
luckdragon <---> nilmerg
Jessiesmudge <---> muddy21
jemimah <---> alwaysinmyroom
Mrs_P <---> alwaysinmyroomLeslieshappyheart's Group
Sandroo <---> love2teach
rosyposie <---> love2teach
Totallyblank <---> cold.dinner
FeliciaSlayDCRG <---> fiddlegirl8
quaggy <---> plaidpineapple
ScrappySue <---> mini_mum
whats_her_name <---> Sharalee
wendiek <---> Leslieshappyheart
onegroovyday <--->LeslieshappyheartPlease notice who's group you are in, and PM that person--and your partner--when you send and receive.