Since this is my first post, I put a link to the pic at the bottom.
I've had this fabric for years!!! Moving into my own place, renting, and not having lots of money to decorate prompted some creativity.
I made this for my African and Asian inspired room.
I made the valance out of cardboard boxes (Thanks USPS!!), masking tape, and wood glue. Then I covered it with my fabric, using hot glue this time. I used my trusty staple gun to secure the curtains to the top of my window, lol. (You don't think I was about to buy curtain rods!!), I just kinda eyeballed the pleats and it came out great.
Since I made the valance to sit right on the top of the frame, I was able to nail it on with short nails. A couple of quick tie-backs and it looks perfect.
Please tell me what ya'll think!!!