Yaaay! It's entry day! I see that nobody else has posted anything past me and am starting to wonder if I missed a memo...?
Anyway, here's my latest creation:
And the button closure on the halter, although I don't plan to ever unbutton/rebutton it (I just slip it over my head):
Here's a closeup of the button flower necklace:
I did use a pattern. Burda 8174 to be exact:http://www.simplicity.com/p-7244-burda-style-dress.aspx
I made view C with only minor modifications (like adding an extra line of topstitching on the bottom hem) and just one that was very noticeable. I made the bodice and then realized it was several inches too large. But the seams would be in all the wrong places if I just cut from the loose ends that would later be attached to the zipper. I cut the center piece of the front of the bodice exactly in half and sewed it back together. That took away 1 1/4" for the new seam. The bodice was then the *perfect* size! Seriously, the seams lined up with the skirt and everything! I did topstitching on that new center seam. I thought it looked really nice and gave it more of a corset-ish look.
The button-flower necklace was not my idea. It came from here:http://www.scatteredthoughtsofacraftymom.com/2012/02/no-sew-fabric-flowers.html
I did a variation on the one-circle "pattern." I cut 3 circles: 1 black denim and 2 purple tulle. I layered them and sewed them together straight down the middle, folded the tulle over to one side (left side is now 1 layer denim, right side 1 layer denim and 4 tulle), and then continued with the pattern as if it were one circle of fabric. I think it turned out really cute.
Comments and questions very welcome!