I do think no trip to the movies is complete without some delicious sugary sweet popcorn to munch on and for my first trip to the movies in nearly 18 months I decided to make some of my own. So Sunday night sees me and my girlfriends and my oversized handbag stuffed with tooth decayingly luscious caramel popcorn to (because after departing with the best part of a tenner to get in to the film no way I am paying movie theatre prices for snacks too) queueing to see Mr Firth in The Kings Speech. The film I could take or leave (but really a late showing on four hours sleep the night before was never a good option) but the popcorn was delish!
* Heat 2 tbsp vegetable oil in a large pan and add 200g popping corn kernels
* Cover immediately and shake gently every couple of minutes
* Once the popping has slowed down, turn off the heat but don't remove the lid yet
* Tip the popped corn into a bowl and return the pan to the heat
* Add 125g diced butter, 150g caster sugar and 2 big squirts of clear honey - bring to the boil and allow to bubble for 5 minutes without stirring
* Pour over your popcorn and mix well, then pour out onto a paper lined baking sheet
* Let it cool and set for an hour or two, then use your hands to break up the hardened piece and enjoy/ smuggle your contraband to be eaten under cover of darkness