For my friends Steampunk Tea Party this summer I needed an appropriate costume. My husband is going as a Steampunk Riker from Star Trek so I decided to make my costume in blue to be his Troi (but with allot less cleavage).
Updated! New pic after finishing my comm badge and taking the costume for a spin
I didn't make the triangular points on the sleeves in blue like I should have because with the gathered sleeve I didn't have the patience to try and fuss with it to make it line up. As a result it looks more inconspicuous than my husbands costume.
Close up of top:
The gold trim and buttons match what I used on my husbands costume so that when we are together they will compliment each other. Now I just have to sculpt the comm badges.
Pattern: Simplicity 2207
I mostly stuck to the pattern except for the bustle which I didn't like so I made my own by improvising. I also added the blue trim on the bottom of the top as trim to make it longer since I like a little more coverage around the middle.
The ruffle on the bottom was a major pain and time consuming. And I have about 4 yards of fabric just in the bottom ruffle alone. It still needs to be hemmed but I am saving that for another day when I am very bored.
Sorry for the poor camera photos and thanks for looking!