One weekend, I decided that I wanted to experiment with making a ridiculously huge perler bead project. I found two sprites that I liked, combined them, and added a couch...that took about 2 hours....UGH!
I bought the supplies and started on the project. It took two full weekends.
I used 50 square pegs, I have no idea how many perler and hama beads, and lots of energy drinks.
This was the first weekend's work. I ran out of Peter's skin color; so, I had to wait.
All the pieces together. I used textbooks, hand weights and much more to keep it flat.
I bought two pieces of heavy duty foam board for the backing. After I glued the project on the board, I laid it upside down and put all the weights back on top to keep it flat. Then, I used an exacto knife and cut the excess board around the picture. It's HUGE (4'X3') and there are a lot of mistakes; however, it's the first big one I've done.