A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 307,573
Currently Running With Scissors:
499 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop
  Show Topics
Pages: [1]
1  HOME SWEET HOME / Exterior Decorating / Yard Art / Gardening: Completed Projects / I made a great focal point for my most ugly fence on: September 06, 2010 05:03:50 PM
I am having trouble posting the pictures. Hope this works this time.

I used a sheet of corrugated metal that I purchased at the hardware story to give some kind of texture background to my bugs.  I drew the bugs and flower freehand (I have ZERO artistic talent) and then cut them out of plywood with a jigsaw (zero talent there too).  I used exterior sample paints that you can get now at hardware stores. I think they cost $2 or $3 each.

I made the objects "3d" by mounting them on small pieces of 2x4s that I cut with a skilsaw (zero talent).

I have yet to finish. Still need to do bottom piece with grasses and lady bugs.

Do you like?  A before and after pic!  I can only give you the links to my pics for now!



2  HOME SWEET HOME / Exterior Decorating / Yard Art / Gardening: Discussion and Questions / I made a great focal point on my most ugly fence! on: September 06, 2010 04:49:30 PM
I have such an ugly fence.  I don't want to replace it since it is still 'functional', that is, keeps my dogs in and provides privacy.  But I just couldn't stand it any longer!!!  So look what I did!

For some reason I reallly dig that corrugated metal that is seen on roofs or sheds.  So I used that as a way to give it texture.  Then, I cut out my pieces drawing freehand (not pattern!) and then painted the bugs and flower with exterior sample paints that cost like $3.00 each.  To make them 'pop' out in a sort of 3D effect, I attached cut pieces of 2x4s to the metal sheet, then attached my bugs to the 2x4s.  I'm not done yet, still working on the bottom portion that will have grasses and lady bugs.

Do you like?

p.s. I have ZERO artistic ability and even LESS than zero ability with power tools...but I DID IT!  And it is awesome!

p.s.s. I can't figure out if I've uploaded the pictures correctly. 
Pages: [1]


FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search



Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Tea Wallet
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2016: Personalized Pet Collar
Wild Animals on Your Tree

Comparison Shopping




Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...






Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.11 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines LLC
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal
Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!

Copyright ©2003-2016, Craftster.org an Internet Brands company.