I left purposly left out the face on this one as I posted my updates in the Large Project Thread, and made everyone guess who this stitch was of - and Here's Johnny!
This was about a 3-Month Project, and is stitched on 28ct fabric (stitched over two). The pattern is around 14.25x10.75, and was created off of an image I found online, using PCStitch. Let me know what you think!
It was a long summer, and although I finished my Mystery Stitch back in June, I just now realized that I never posted the results. I'm about to add it to the completed projects section, but here is a quick reminder of where I left you guys....
Now I've jumped back into my Rent Stitch, which I placed on hold back in February. This was where I left it. I"m hoping I'll be able to finish it by Christmas, but I'm thinking that is a lofty goal.
Ok, so I originally planned to finish my Secret X-Stitch before Memorial Day, but I've lost precious time due to 2 weekends of Little Leauge, chaperoning a sleep-over for 7 year olds, and helping a friend move. I'm almost done, the face is the only part left (and to my surprise, I had already completed the eyes!). I'm a little worried that I didn't lighten it before creating the design, but I'm hopeful the face won't turn out to dark.
I've been cross stitching forever, but I'm trying to teach myself to embroider. I ordered Aimee Ray's Doodle Stitching books for some quick patterns, and then went to see my family for the weekend. When I got there, my mom showed me a plain little shirt and shorts she had bought for my niece, and I knew I could dress it up!
Now, here's a close up of the shorts. My neice (who's 2 1/2) kept pointing at it and saying "Audopus, Audopus!"
Hi everyone! I'm sure you've all been thinking, "I wonder how AmyBeth is doing with her Rent Stitch?" (LOL) Well, to be completely honest, I'm a little burned out on it so I switched to a smaller (14x10, so still pretty big) project. I was kind of inspired by a post from earlier in the year, where someone suggested doing a project and then not telling anyone what it was, just kind of letting people follow blind. So, I'll tell you this much - its a celebrity and I purposly avoided stitching any part of his face, I'll do that last. Right now, I'm working on the background, and I'm two pages in. Any guesses?
Phooka, your Harley is looking great! And your stitches look so tiny and neat. I have always loved black fabric - I bought a book of Hummingbird patterns from Joanne's a few years back and stitched them on black. It gave a whole new look to these basic patterns.
So here's my update guys - it took me six weeks, but I finally finished this segment.
The last part I did was the portrait of Angel (orange background) and everything on the right of the letter R. For some reason, doing all the red part drives me out of my mind - I'd much rather do the portraits.
Here is the latest pics from my RENT Poster project - I've been working on it since August. Please let me know what you think.
Here is the original picture - as you can see the colors came out a bit muted, but I think I like it better this way. The entire project will be 20x30 inches, so its by far the largest project I've done.