At ten o'clock at night, a day and a half before my daughter's kindergarten promotion, I decided that she needed
a new dress for the event, giving myself just one day to get it done. My first attempt at this dress: http://violettefieldthreads.com/collections/dress-patterns/products/emmaline-dress-sewing-pattern
was getting a bit small, so opted to make another one for her. The pattern calls for three ruffles at the bottom, but I opted for just one to reduce the weight of the dress. The previous weekend, I found an awesome lion-print vintage sheet for $2 at the thrift store and I knew this was just right material to use:
I actually was able to finish the dress in about 6 hours, and I only sewed the bodice to itself twice!