After seeing this darling tutorial http://doublestitching.blogspot.it/2012/01/mod-60s-line-dress-tutorial.html
I knew just the fabric to use. I'd been hoarding this awesome thrifted pillowcase for a while ($0.59, sweet!) and decided it was time to cut into it. Following the tutorial, I used one of my daughter's tee shirts folded in half and then extended it for length. This was my first time doing any sort of a collar and I just adore a Peter Pan collar. I used the edge/opening of the pillowcase for this part and tried very hard to line up the pattern. I especially like the way the closure in the back is done.
I was almost finished with the dress and was feeling quite clever that things were going so well, no issues or messing up (like usual haha) and then I tried the dress on my daughter and that was when I realized, shitballs! I forgot about the freakin' seam allowance! The dress was too small of course. So I used up the last of the scraps (thank God I saved them in a brief moment of logic!) and made some little inserts to go in the side seams.