PAINTED GARDEN STAKE
I found a bag of 5 spindles at a garage sale---each 12" long. It included the threaded dowels to connect them---all for a couple of dollars. I think they were originally intended to have boards put between them to make book shelves. I've re-purposed them & made a garden stake---or 2, or 3, or 4, or 5. I haven't decided yet.
It's one of those projects that took forever but I'm quite pleased with the end result. I painted a rainbow of colors on the sections & added small flowers or garden critters to the flat areas (all 80 of them!). Then I brushed on 3 coats of polyurethane for weather protection.
Fortunately, I have a great Hubby who's willing to enter in to any project I attempt & help solve my problems. He drilled out the top of one section so I could push a solar light into it Then he donated the 12" extension handle from one of his paint rollers so I can make a stake to hold it in the ground. Screws perfectly into the end of the spindle.
Now I'll have to decide if I want to make one 76" stake or several smaller ones. I can buy more solar lights & paint roller extensions (these come in different lengths so there are numerous possibilities). I can see there will be more fun ahead before I completely finish my project.
Work in progress. Less than half finished.
Painting finished & 3 coats polyurethane added.
Two sections with roller extension & solar light.