I found this beautiful antique embroidered pillow but knew I could do it myself so I took a video of the pillow with my camera and traced it off the computer screen once I got home. This is the pillow I made to replicate it, and I'm really happy with it. It doesn't look exactly alike, but it's good enough. The hardest part was blowing up the image by hand - by taking my drawing and increasing the size of each element with the same proportions.
It seems most embroidery from the turn of the century is super delicate, and they usually use the equivalent of only one strand from a piece of embroidery floss. I was really worried about doing something that tiny, thinking it would be super time-consuming (the pillow is at least 20" long), but this went surprisingly fast.