Okay, heres some of the things Ive got done today, and Im gonna put pictures of the quilt Im working on here too. I figure this can just be an all-in-one thread Ill update for progress on the mario room.
First I did another bob-omb lamp, but its for my friends son. His birthday is tomorrow and he loves mario so Im sure hell freak out about it. Did it the same way as the last one, added the wood feet this time. I went back and added them to the one for the room too. I found this lamp at a thrift store also, its not the perfect round shape Id prefer to have but it still works. I couldnt find any that were perfectly round today and it was a last minute project that had to be done by tomorrow...
Then my son helped me start a paper mache project. Im trying to make a piranha plant lamp similar to one I saw on here. The green balloon is for that. The white one is going to be boo that Im going to suspend with fishing wire or something from the ceiling. Ive never done paper mache before so well see how this goes.
This is the lamp base Im using for the piranha lamp. Im probably going to set it in the trash can Im painting like a pipe so it looks like the piranha plant is coming out of the pipe. I got this lamp base at a thrift store too, I just painted it green. Good finds today! And I found Super Mario 3 NES cartridge that my hubby is suppose to try to turn into a clock for me
Ill post pics when its done of course
Finally I found this star and flower wood decorations at hobby lobby, the star was like 50 cents and the flower was 75 cents. All I had to do to the star was add eyes. Im going to use that to add to name letters Im painting when I get a chance. The flower was blue with white dots and pink in the middle and an orange flower pot base. I probably should have primered it first but Im pretty new to painting (and not that great at it lol) so I guess you live and learn. Im going to put another coat on it tomorrow and maybe itll cover it more. And I need to clean up the lines. I painted it to look like the fire flower coming out of a tunnel. Probably will set this on the question mark block shelves whenever we get those done.
And finally here are some pictures of what I have done of the quilt so far. Its for his bed, its been an ongoing project the past few weeks. Im hoping to get at least the top done by mid-August before I start school back cause my crafting spare time is gonna be almost nonexistent then
But I still have a ways to go. I want to use the big mario block for the center and have the smaller blocks going around it. I was planning on 8-10 smaller blocks. So far Ive finished the mario block, a star block, and almost done with a goomba block. Next I think is a mushroom block. The mario block is 2 inch squares, the other blocks are 1inch squares. For now I have the finished blocks hanging up in his room, figured they could get some decorative use while Im waiting to finish them all.