I made a miniature Iron Throne for a friend to give her husband for his birthday later this month. It measures around 7 inches tall and would fit the dollhouse 1:12 scale. Made entirely out of foam and plastic.
I've created a room set in the 1930's, during the Golden Detective Age. The same time as Maltese Falcon and similar stories. Only this detective (Sam Slade, a play on Sam Spade) isn't paid very well and isn't very tidy. In fact, it could be a crime scene. Spilled bottle, footprints, upset chair, etc.
There's a lot of pictures here, but if you have any questions about how I've made something, comment below and I'll do my best to answer.
Last week for Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts DT I made the front window for Flourish & Blotts, the bookstore in Diagon Alley from Harry Potter. I made a giant stack of miniature books and used a frame from GSLC, added some clear plastic packaging and cut some cardboard to fit. Filled with books, scrolls and even a tiny little lantern in the bottom right corner.
I'm on the Design Team this year for Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts and was sent these lovely shrine boxes. I've been playing a lot of Fallout 4 lately, as I'm a total gamer chick. So melding craft and post apocalyptic gaming, I give you Junk Shrines. As Knickertwist told me "You can stick any old thing in there" - so I did. Quite literally. You'll find I've raided my husbands junk bin for bits and bobs and then I stuck said bits and bobs into the shrine.
It's covered in kids "play foam" (that colourful stuff in the kids aisle of the craft store) which I've painted to look like metal. After the paint comes my Rust Dust - a recipe I created to give metal a more accurate looking rust. If you're interested, I made a tutorial on it here: https://youtu.be/UJbaZVShTu0
This is a three story Tudor style home build entirely out of foam core and designed by myself (it's not pre-fabricated in any way). Accents are done with wood and bits of styrofoam floral accents. Texture is done with a sand/PVA glue and paint.
Each story is 3 inches tall and measures about 14 inches from the base to the peak of the chimney.
I've been building wargaming terrain for many years now and I wanted to share with you a recent project that my twisted mind came up with - and that is a guillotine. It's more fantasy than practical, and I'm not happy with the blood (because I know I can do better).
The base is carved out of pink insulation foam, the majority of the wooden bits are coffee stir sticks from the dollar store, the "blade" is just cereal box card, the grass is "static grass" and the dirt (trade secret) is dried coffee and tea grounds.
This is a roombox I made from a wooden box I found at the dollar store. It's based on World War 2 propaganda posters, asking women to "knit their bit" for the soldiers. This room belongs to Hazel, an older woman with a husband and many family friends in Germany, fighting Hitler.
Both of my grandfathers were in the war, so this piece holds a special place for me.
In April everyone else was decorating Easter Eggs. I decided to decorate Dragon Eggs a la Game of Thrones. Everything I used was from the dollar store - the base which was a "dinosaur egg", layered with scales cut out from kids craft foam. I added texture paste and painted it to try and mimic Khaleesi's green egg.
My husband was nice enough to pose with it to show scale.
The most time consuming aspect was cutting out all the dragon scales - not the most fun thing ever, but I just sat in front of the TV and did it.