Ahoy! I thought about posting this in the reconstructed forum but, since it makes use of little old and mostly new I thought I'd post it here. If I've offended, I apologize. Please don't hesitate to let me know if I should move the post...
I wanted a smock for a number of months but didn't want to make something *completely* new, preferring to use an old shirt in some way if possible. Also, I have verrabighips. Many/most of the smock tutorials or patterns I've seen make you look like a box. So... this was my first attempt
I used the top of a maternity shirt and made bias fabric for the bottom/apron section. I added my lame attempt at darts to give it some shaping.
This is my second attempt which I've documented and used to draft a tutorial. As soon as it is error checked I'll post it. For this version I used an old business shirt, cut off the sleeves, and gathered them- leaving the edge raw.
I love my smocks! So much portable storage