two of my nieces are expecting their first babies - one in June and the other in July, i think - one's a boy and the other, a girl.
so i made a pop up card for each one, gender appropriate, with the same thing on the front of both.
(this is my first post so these are links to pictures of the cards)
front of cards
(that one's a bit blurry!)
i used scrapbook paper for the grass on the front and the cloud is a semi-transparent vellum type sticker. the house is a section of an old windmill paper model that i enlarged, copied, and enhanced with colored pencils.
i used three different Jolee's sticker packages for each: the stork and baby stuff on the front, the baby stroller and other paraphernalia inside, and the mobile that is in the crib.
on the inside, i used double-sided scrapbook paper for the walls, using one side for wall paper on the bottom half of the wall, and the other side to look like paint above the chair-rail. i used fancy scissors of various patterns to cut the strips of card stock to use as the chair-rail, window trim, and valance. the window has a clear plastic (backing from the Jolee stickers) over a tree sticker that i laid down before gluing the wallpaper paper in place - i planned for the window space and cut out the square and used it to place the tree. the little curtain and skirt around the cribs are just some scrap fabric trim i had.
girl card, left side
boy card, left side
i cut out the dressers from the same card stock and used "button" stickers for the drawer knobs. i didn't know what to do with the little jumper that was included in the sticker package, so i made a little clothes hanger from beading wire and used another button sticker as a sort of hanging knob and hung the little clothing sticker beside the crib.
girl card, right side
boy card, right side
the crib is just a simple box pop up that i cut to look like a crib. inside the crib, i made another little box to glue the mobile sticker to, so that it would be suspended when the card is opened, since the little animals are able to swing freely on little strings, just like a real mobile.
the mobile is a bit over-sized in comparison to everything else, but i liked the idea too much to give it up, once i got going on the design.
in the end, the cards were a bit thick, more than usual, although they did fold like they were supposed to. i made box-ish envelopes for them, using some of the wallpaper paper on the outside of the envelopes as an accent. to close the cards, i made two card stock circles that i fastened to the envelope and flap with little brads, tying a bit of string behind the bottom disk, to wrap around both like a legal envelope. i forgot to take pictures of the envelopes.