Sewaholic patterns are designed for 'pear-shaped' women, and the Pendrell fits me perfectly with no modifications - I hadn't realised I was a pear, but now it seems like the only conclusion! It wasn't exactly what I'd expected from the pattern envelope and the photos on the Sewaholic website, which tend to show it made in slinky fabrics and tucked in at the waist. I made it first in a quilting cotton, and then in a fairly stiff linen (below) and it worked beautifully as more of a summer tunic top.
It's an easy pattern, with no fastenings so it's very quick to make. The neck and arm openings are finished with bias tape, using a slightly unusual technique which I found a bit quicker than the conventional approach and will be using again.
There are three pattern options, and I haven't yet made the versions with ruffles and sleeves, though I will be making several more. I suspect that a drapier fabric would work better for the ruffles, but will report back when I've tried it. The only modification I made after the initial version (in Ikea cotton, above) was to make the neckline slightly lower, both front and back.
Overall I'd recommend it. Having made three already I feel I've had good value from this pattern, and will be using it again as a summer stand-by.http://runcibledays.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/p-p-p-pick-up-pendrell-or-ikea-dream-3.html