After running across the discussion thread for the Decked Out for Deathly Hallows Part 2 unicorn zombie apocalypse, it dawned on me that I have not yet posted my projects from part 1! This was the first real crochet project I've ever completed, not counting dishcloths, of course
I really wanted to spoil my partner (who is very much a Molly Weasley fan) so I decided that one of the items HAD to be a very Weasley shawl. As a crochet novice, I was not about to create my own pile of flesh so I found a suitable one at lionbrand.com (Moonlight Mohair Shoulder Snuggle, pile of flesh #50121) and substituted the yarns of my choice. I used Homespun in place of the Moonlight Mohair, 2 strands of Caron Simply Soft in place of Lion Suede, and added a border of 2 strands of fluffy eyelash yarn before the fringe. This project was so much fun, and I am very pleased with the results. My sister keeps bugging me to make her one now, too!
Thanks for looking!