After a lot of testing, fitting, sketching, turning and twisting my first jeans project is finished. My girlfriend wanted a classy looking bootcut jeans to wear with her high heels. I wanted to make a pair of tough, distressed, more trashy looking jeans. So the final result is a mix between my style and my girfriends ideas. I was not easy to make a pair of classy looking thrashy jeans
Well, here they are.
This is my GF with her new jeans from the front.
And this is the rear view.
The detalis of the back. The flap pockets is made of the same fabric but inside out. All inside out fabric is stitched in pink thread instead of the white used for all other seams. I think this adds a little to the classy look even if the flap pockets itself is to make them look more tough.
The embroidery on the back pockets is made with khaki coloured thread with a piece of "scrap canvas" inbetween. After the embroidery was finished and the canvas was trimmed and unraveled the back pockets get this look.
The belt loops is a little different than other jeans. They are ending in a "arrow" like shape with a stylish cross rivet attached to them, also with a piece of unraveled canvas inbetween. I just felt that this jeans are getting more and more cute instead of tough so they needed some special details to toughen them up a little.
Also, the back belt loop is a semidetached style of loop. One reason for this was that the belt stays better in place with a wide back loop. The other reason was that they needed something to "stand out" or "catch eyes".
Another view from the rear. The "jeans ass" look was very important for my GF so this is the result after numerous limes of ripping, basting, fitting, ripping, basting, fitting... As my GF has a pretty straight body type I wanted to add some illusion of a little wider butt. Hence the assymetrical pocketflaps. The buttons on the flaps is therefore wider apart and this adds to the impression of a wider butt. The buttons is snapbuttons (the same as the front) with a snakeskin pattern on them.
This is the detail of the frontpockets. The coinpocket has a small flap over it. I just thought it was a cool detail so I added it. The snapbutton is the same as the back and also the rivets are the same snakeskin style. I added some inside out fabric to the front pockets and topstiched them in pink. The shape of the inside out fabric gives the jeans a little more edgy look i think.
Here you can see the shape of the front pockets clearly. They have a somewhat "stretched" shape. I knew already before starting with this jeans that I really would like to do back pocket style front pockets. So the shape of the frontpockets is to add to the tougher style of these jeans.
The three snap buttons is a little different detail. We had a lot of discussion about this area. I wanted to do a wider waistband with the buttons in a vertical line, more brazilian style looking. My GF thought this was a better idea, and after I see how they turned out she was actually right.
After looking at most of my jeans in my closet I found out that most jeans only have one line of stitches to end them. I don´t know why but I really liked the idea of two rows of topstiches. So I made them that way
And then some random pictures of the jeans from different angles.
As always, C&C is more than welcomed.