I've been making these for an eternity now, but I've always made them to give to people. I was watching a friend's children the other night, so I thought I'd do it with them. They were pretty amped.
I like to use crayola because they're just the best.
1. First you wanna peel the wrapper off your crayons. That was the least favorite part with the little ones. The paper can be pretty stuck to the crayon, but with the three of us we got it done in no time.
2. I break one crayon up into 3 or 4 small pieces, so they fit in the cups better. I also think it's a good idea to color coordinate them in 4 separate containers, so they can get a good idea which colors go best with each other.
3. These ones were made with mini cupcake tins. Line each one with liners.
4. Put about four or five pieces of crayon in each cup. Whichever colors you choose. You can fill them pretty high. I like 'em thin just for aesthetics.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for about 8 to 10 minutes. Then let them cool.
6. Peel and draw!
Putting them in the frigidaire speeds up the drying process tremendously. Like, 5 minutes and they're ready to go! Also, you don't NEED the liners, it's just a pain cleaning the pain when you go without. I think they look cute with the liners. The littlest one said 'can I eat one now?' Like little candies.