Here's the computer room I redecorated. My husband and I did much more work than we anticipated, but it was all worth it! In addition to paint and paper, we ended up refinishing the hardwood floors and adding crown molding.
I did 2 different paint finished on the walls. I added a random circle border in the middle. My beloved swoopy chair can only support the dog right now, but we'll be fixing the legs soon. See BEFORE pictures of this room and read more about the chair here.http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=49535.msg456073#msg456073
My mother and I spotted this rug at a warehouse sale. It is perfect for this room!
You can read more about this piece of furniture here. http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=73806.msg693573#msg693573
The gourds on top are drying out. We grew them this summer.
On the top half of the room, I used 2 shades of Ralph Lauren Glaze and lots of cheesecloth. I followed the directions from the Behr Faux Finish pamphlet (Ragging Off) at Home Depot. We used R.L. Paint because it was only $5 a gallon in the Oops section. The bottom half of the room was painted solid green, but I didn't like it. I mixed the left over paint with some lighter paint and used a squeegee to create the Faux Beadboard effect. The FAUX BEADBOARD (Wainscoting) tutorial can be found here. http://www.hgtv.com/hgtv/rm_walls_types_materials/article/0,1797,HGTV_3806_1399303,00.html
The CIRCLES! This was my original inspiration for the room. I got free (discontinued) wallpaper sample books from my local wall paper store. I cut out random circles in all different sizes. Then I used wallpaper paste to stick them on.
The computer desk came off the garbage. It miraculously matches the other hand-me-down furniture in this room. I reupholstered the iron chair, made the mouse pad out of a cool placemat, I made the pencil cup with scrap yarn and plastic canvas. The shelves came from a garage sale.
In this photo, I made the magazine bowl and the topiary tree. Check out the photo cut out of Jon Bon Jovi and me.
I made these curtains out of a sheet. You can also see the crown molding in this photo. I'm so proud that we figured out how to put this up. It was hard!