This is the first and only stuffie I've ever made without a pre-made pattern. Figuring out the pattern was difficult. He only has 2 legs and he's only vaguely 3 - D because I stuffed him, but I think he's pretty cute anyway. He's all handsewn out of cotton calico. His eyes are black beads I had lying around. I assume they're plastic. (They took a long time to sew on because the eye of my needle was too fat to go through the bead. I had to try 3 different needles.) The tail is a bunch of thread knotted together at top and bottom. The ears were a pain in the butt to sew on for no apparent reason. They never looked symmetrical/even from the front, so I kept re-doing them until I decided they were 'close enough'.
Anyway, here he is. (Kinda blurry because my camera is bad with close-ups. Sorry.)
I didn't give him a name because he was sent to Hawaii for a swap.
If anyone has tips (specifically, on how to fix the pattern to make Baby Elephant actually 3-D), please share. (: