For my weaving class (101) I had to turn three my samples into finished pieces, and create a finished final project. Since I am pretty broke this year, and have a thing about making functional crafts, I decided to make little bags/pouches out of my samples. So here are two of them. (The other two were given as gifts and I forgot to take pictures):
I feel that I need to add the fact that the pictures were taking with my camera phone, and aren't very good. No matter what I did, the vibrancy of the colors was washed out. (This remains true for every following picture as well)
This is my final project. It was supposed to be a backpack for school. However, the side strap I wove turned out to be far too wide. I accounted for shrinkage that turned out to be not even 1/4 of an inch. So...I ended up with a bag and a scarf. I alternated black and white for the warp, and used mercerized cotton for the weft.
The tasseled fringe took hours.
This is just a scarf I wove my best friend for Xmas. It's folded up and ready to be wrapped here.