Haven't posted anything in a while, so this is a big picture dump (sorry in advance).
I've challenged myself to work on my watercolor skills (as in, I've never done watercolor before, though I have done other painting) this year, and am painting 365 Flora Watercolors. I started on March 12th, and am 20 days in. Here are my first 20.
I will update this as I paint more.
1. Pink Puffy Flowers: This was my first watercolor painting. My mom used to paint with watercolors, and they are some of my favorite things she's ever made.
2. Blue-Green Sea Coral: First of a set of 3, with the other two blue-green sea plants.
3. Dandelions: I tried using the salt trick on the dandelion puffs. It didn't work out like I wanted...
4. Chili Peppers: I want to do some other foods/fruits/vegetables and make a kitchen series.
5. Blue-Green Sea Fern: Second of a set of 3, with numbers 2 and 8.
6. Clovers: Inspired by St. Patrick's Day, and my puppy dog, Clover.
7. Cherry Blossom Tree: This was a trial in a new technique for me. I actually really like how it turned out, even if it took forEVER to make (I have no patience).
8. Blue-Green Seaweed: Third of a set of 3, with numbers 2 and 5.
9. Yellow Lotus: Inspired by my friend Lizzi, who just got her yoga trainers certificate and needed a pick-me-up, so I painted a bright flower to cheer her up.
10. Purple Lotus: Same as the yellow but in a different color scheme.
11. Cactus Trio: Three different cacti, wanted to try mixing ink with watercolors.
12. Fire Stick Plant: We had a fire stick plant when I was growing up, and for as long as we had that thing, it never turned red like it was supposed to. My mom could never figure out what we were doing wrong. But they are so pretty when they turn red on the tips.
13. eat Tree: Trying out a different style and going bold and abstract. I like it, but I kind of like my normal style better.
14. Sunflowers: Bright and sunny.
15. Lavender: I'm allergic to lavender pollen, but I like the color purple and wanted to paint some purple flowers.
16. Thistle: More purple. Plus I got stung by stinging nettle the day I painted this, so I had weeds on my mind.
17. Daffodils: I was inspired by daffodils covering the hills, front yards, and street corners up in the mountains and the mountain town we went to visit this past weekend.
18. Red Poppies: Feeling a little wistful, and remembering my trip to France where the cliffs of Normandy were covered with red poppies.
19. Rose pile of flesh: Jeremy (my fiance) requested roses, so I decided to try making a rose print pile of flesh. Ignore the silly messed up one in the top right corner. He's special... But Jeremy actually said he likes it better with the mistake. He wants to hang it in our bedroom, even!
20. Chrysanthemums: Just feeling the bright colors today and wanted to play with orange.
21. Hummingbird: This one is for my great-grandma, Nonnie. She loves hummingbirds, and even though my animals are a little... funny shaped, I think she'll still like it. I plan to give it to her the next time I go out to see her.
22. Happy Birthday: I decided to try a floral wreath, inspired by my brother's birthday!
23. Soar: I liked the wreath idea, so I decided to run with it for a couple days. This one had a quote.
24. Thank You: I wanted to make a thank you card design for the next time I need to send out thank you cards.
25. Congrats: And also a Congrats card design.
26. Charlotte Wreath: I painted this one, and then scanned it into my computer, printed it again, and then traced the image onto fabric to embroider for my baby's room.
27. C Monogram: Wanted to play with some freestyle letting/plants.
28. Mushroom and Snitch ATCs: Mushroom and Golden Snitch ATCs I sent out in the April ATC Swap. THe Snitch isn't floral, but it is shiny and metallic.
29. Stained Glass Flowers: I hate this one...
30. Lemonade Flowers: Pretty swirly flowers that remind me of lemonade.
31. Hibiscus: We went to the desert to visit my Great-Grandma, and I was inspired by the very Hawaiian bedspread in the room we stayed in.
32. Nature's Fertilizer: I'm going to be donating this one to a local guinea pig rescue that I used to work with so they can auction it off at their annual Pignic.
33. Clover and Blueberry: Clover is my dog, and Blueberry is my baby's nickname. Playing with some designs.
34. Pink Circle Roses: Just wanted to paint something quick and easy.
35. Blossom Branches: Jeremy really likes this one, and I'm inclined to agree.
36. Hyacinth: I like purple. What can I say?
37. Fuchsia: When I was a kid, I used to love these flowers. Pink and purple and upside down.
Sorry for so many photos! I hope you all like them as much as I've enjoyed painting them! (There are a couple currently missing because they are being sent out in swaps and haven't been received yet)