This is my second dress using the McCall's M6504 pattern. I changed the sleeves again, and shortened the neckline a bit. This time I lined the dress as well, to make it sturdier, and so I don't have to worry about finding a slip. As usual, I added pockets. This is one of my favourite dress patterns right now. It's comfortable, flattering, and easy to to make.
I'm calling this my "girly steampunk" dress, or my "steampunk light" dress. The fabric has keys, lockets, and chains on it, and I absolutely loved it when I saw it. It was 40% off, too, so it came home with me. I made the mistake, though, of not realizing that it was 60 inches wide, not 40, and bought enough for the dress if it had been 40 inches wide. So I'm making a skirt out of the fabric, too. The lining is a fine brown cotton that I found at the thrift store.
I wore the dress to a wedding this weekend, and it was very well received.