I had ongoing mixed media poetry journals for years. I filled up several and really enjoyed it. But life happened and I forgot about it for ten years. Now my sketchbook-habit has gone away, my drawing tablet is gathering dust and my creative streak is hiding in a cellar. So I decided I needed something with no rules. Something I could ruin if I wanted to. Something that I could play with and it wouldn't matter if the end result was horrible and the whole thing had no discernible point to other people. And perhaps I'll even stick to it if I post about it here every now and then...
So here are two spreads:
This needs some suitable sneaky piece of text, but I haven't found it yet. And I want the sepia Micron Pigma pens for this. Finally got a reason to order them
- watersoluble crayons and pencils
- used post it notes as stencils
Gimp wanted to play with it and I liked this version
This is the only finished spread at the moment.
- newspaper clippings
- cd label pieces I used on the previous page and was too lazy to cut so I just folded them on this page
- watersoluble crayons, watersoluble pencil bits that were left over from sharpening them
- black Micron Pigma pens
- used a plastic lacy table cloth as a stencil
The lace pattern shows up much better if the colours are inverted.
Thank you for looking