I finally finished it! My sister requested I make it for her a few months ago, and I took forever making it. I set it aside several times to make other things, since I would just get so sick of it. I don't think I love working with mercerised cotton.
Anyway, it's done! (Well, except I need to crochet belt loops-- the i-cord belt is temporarily pinned on). I used a deep olive cotton, Elann Sonata.
Here's a close-up of the center stitch detail, since it's hard to see.
And here are the beads on the end of the belt:
So, hopefully I can figure out how to crochet my belt loops & button loops tonight!