I made these sock bunnies as party favors for my niece's 1st birthday party. My little sister asked me to make some rabbit party favors for my niece's 1st birthday. It's a spring theme, not so much an Easter theme, even though my niece's birthday is close to Easter. I racked my brains for a rabbit toy that I liked. I ran across the sock bunnies the other day, and said, "Aha! That's it! I'll make my niece and her friends some sock bunnies! Perfect, just perfect!" They were quick and easy to make. No small pieces for a baby to choke on. Their eyes are french knots. I looked up a how to tutorial on YouTube. I already had the socks. I bought them on clearance after Easter like a year or so ago. Just found out I need to make 2 more. Good thing I have another pair of new Easteresque socks. Enjoy!
I made this watercolor painting for quaggy in the mini 12 days of Christmas swap. She said she had a trailer at the lake, and that inspired me to get back into watercolors, and paint this picture for her. I was also inspired by somebody else's painting, and made this one my own.
I painted this picture for my partner in the Vintage Halloween swap. She said she liked cats, and pumpkins. I found a similar painting, and made my own less detailed watercolor painting based off of it. I'm pretty happy w/how it turned out, since it's been a long, long time since I painted w/watercolors. I hope you all enjoy it. I hope my partner did too.
I made this mixed media piece for my bathroom. I was inspired by the shower curtain in our bathroom. I used a canvas I got at a garage sale, that somebody had started something on it. Then I glued down 2 pieces of left over card stock paper I had used on previous projects. The trees I free hand cut from a white cardboard box. The clouds were free hand cut from a tissue box. The sun is a paper heart doily that I cut to look like the sun. The bear is made from left over bits of clay that I rolled together w/a rolling pin. Then I used an exacto knife to cut out the bear. I put the bear in the oven, then spray painted him black after he had cooled off. I used E6000 glue, to glue him down. I painted all sides of the canvas brown. I really like how it turned out. I think I'm going to continue working on mixed media projects. I had a lot of fun "free handing/styling" as I went along, w/no real plan in mind. Just letting inspiration free flow.
So, to satisfy my need to make alligators and crocodiles, I made a pink, girly crocodile. I received the pink minky and the lime green camo under body fabric from Nolansmomster in the, "Make a Friend" swap, 2nd package. I've been busy putting the fabric I received from her to good use. The brown minky she sent me, went into making 2 whales, one being a taggie whale. I LOVE minky! I really love how she turned out. I think this crocodile, and her patchwork alligator brother will be going to a family in need, for Christmas. I have 1 more pattern I want to try. But, I have to enlarge it 1st. So, that means a trip to the copy shop, as the pattern is too long for my tracer machine. Otherwise, I would enlarge it myself, as I usually do. I'll probably use fabric I received from texscrapper, in the, "OWS Round 96" for that crocodile/alligator. He will go to the same family. I'll post a pic of him, when I finish him. Enjoy!
I don't know what has gotten into me lately, but, I've been in the mood to make alligators and crocodiles! I've made this one before. But, I think he turned out even better this time around! Patch work fabric is so expensive in the store. So, I sorted through my scraps bin, and made my own. I added the underbody gusset, to give him more depth. I made this alligator w/a ric rack mouth. The previous alligator, I stitched his mouth. I like the mouth either way. His pupils are an embroidery stitch from my sewing machine. He is completely baby/kid proof. I go out of my way to make the toys I make safe for both babies and kids. He is lovable, and cuddly! I enlarge the pattern quite a bit. I like a huggable size. Don't know who he will be going to. Just made him to fill a desire to make alligators and crocodiles. I have 2 other patterns I'm going to try next. 1 needs enlarging though. I'll post pics of them too, when I finish them. I'm going to use fabric I got from both texscrapper and Nolansmomster on them. Enjoy!
Well, technically, they are called opposums, and are North America's only marsupial. I don't know why, but, I like possums. And, I like making them from this pattern. I think because it's not a difficult pattern, and comes together quickly. The end result always comes out cute! The body was made from a women's business long skirt and jacket that I bought from my neighbor's garage sale for .50 cents. The tail and face are made from a bag of scraps the same neighbor gave me, and the feet are made from a felted sweater. The felted sweaters came from a lady on freecycle. I was only supposed to get 3 trash bags full, she showed up w/11 trash bags! They filled the entire bed of her husband's truck! Gulp! Then, she dropped off 5 copy paper boxes of unused yarn! Back to the possum. I think I will make him a Secret Toy Society drop. I hope you all like him as much as I do.
I made this sloth for Nolansmomster's son, in the, "Make A Friend" swap. Her son likes texture and weight, so I made this sloth from a towel for texture, and weighted his legs w/plastic poly pellets for weight. I also sewed on wooden buttons for the eyes. Again, for texture. I hope her son liked him.
I made these 2 giant squid for Suereal in the sea creatures swap. She had to drop out due to a foot injury, so it became a personal swap. She received the other day, so I can post a pic now. Colors are suited to her taste. I didn't want to let the blue one go, but, I did knowing he was going to a good home.