Craft Challenge #108 - Live Events - Entries Due May 1 -
May 10 May 20 Winners Announced!
Winners, winners! THREE winners this month! Congrats to fluffypants
for their winning entries this month!
Monkees Concert Shrine by fluffypants
Concert coin and card purse by LovelyMiss
Concert Series (Bluegrass Nights at the Ryman) Ticket Scrapbook
The winners this month were featured on Ticketmaster, in our newsletter and, of course, received those epic prize packages! Read more about this challenge and the winners blog
on our blog!
This month, thanks to Ticketmaster
, we're showing our love for live events from concerts, to Broadway shows, and more! Your mission this month is to craft a project that shows major love to one of your
favorite live events or productions! Concerts, sporting events, family entertainment, music festivals, arts & theatre, you name it! You can use any crafting mediums of your choosing as long as your project features or pays homage to a live, ticketed event of some sort!
Maybe your project will actually incorporate that old ticket from the very first play you ever attended. Or maybe you'll create a project from scratch such as an awesome concert ticket embroidery pillow!
Perhaps you could create the perfect music festival headband, bag or other accessories. You could even create an epic quilt from all of those concert tshirts you've been hoarding over the years. Ticketmaster
has provided a bundle of prizes
for the challenge this month! The first and second place winners will be selected by our community voting poll here on Craftster. The third place winner will be selected by a panel of judges at Ticketmaster
And a little birdie told us that the panel of judges would love to see some sort of nod to barcodes, locks, etc. (security-related concepts) included in the winning project. How cool would it be to add a secret barcode to your project?
Wonder what it would say!
Here are just a few Craftster projects that might inspire you for this challenge! Ticket Stub Shadowbox Collection
by Chocolate_JoTransformed Concert Tshirt
by FoxyBlueBaseball Coin Purse
by CalabazaConcert Tshirt Quilt
by ZidishaLuxeAdditional Rules and Details:
- Entries open to US and Canada.
- Craft your project during this challenge period (Apr 6 2015 -
May 10 May 20 2015) only. Projects created before this timeframe will be excluded from the voting poll.
- On May 1, 2015, there will be a special folder created for entries. Post your entry on the specified entry board during the period of May 1 -
May 10 May 20 11:59:59 PDT 2015. No sooner. No later.
- Voting will happen from May 26 - May 31 2015.
- The winner will be officially announced on the first business Monday of the next month (in our June newsletter), on this thread and on the Craftster blog. Ticketmaster will also feature the winners on their blog, Twitter and Facebook! We will contact you via Private Message, after the announcement, to get your prize package information.
- Enter only ONE project. Your entry can have multiple components to it.
- If cheating of any sort is discovered, the applicable entry and votes will be disqualified.
It's probably impossible to know whether your project is 100% original, has never been posted on Craftster, or made by anyone else in the past. But if your project was definitely inspired
by something you've seen before, please give credit to that project. Prizes:
At the end, we'll set up a poll right here and the winners (US or Canada) will recieve:
(1) Grand prize, first place winner (voted by Craftster community): $250 Ticketmaster gift card
(2) Second place winner (voted by Craftster community): $150 Ticketmaster gift card
(3) Third place winner (voted by Ticketmaster): $100 Ticketmaster gift card
Gift cards can be used to purchase events on Ticketmaster.com
. Ticketmaster will also feature the winners on their blog
As well as:
(1) their project in the Featured Projects area
(2) their project in the Craftster Blog
(3) and a prize from us at Craftster.org -- any one item from one of Craftster's online shops!About Ticketmaster
As a global and growing business we are a diverse mix of passionate employees dedicated to helping fans around the globe connect with the artists, teams, and events they love. Our passion for live events is a common thread that unites us. Read our fan and company stories at the Ticketmaster blog
and connect with us on Facebook
Get the tickets you want to concerts, sports, arts, theater, broadway shows, and family events at Ticketmaster.com
(and for our friends in Canada: Ticketmaster.ca
). The Ticketmaster app is the best way to discover, buy, transfer and sell tickets to thousands of live music, sporting, arts, theatre, and family events.