I've seen buffalo chicken stuffed peppers and buffalo chicken spaghetti squash, so why not buffalo spaghetti squash stuffed peppers?
I had made the chicken variety of this recipe not long ago, so I just substituted the squash and winged it from there. Here's what I did:
1. Roast one spaghetti squash, cut lengthwise and brushed with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Mine was pretty small, so I did 50 minutes at 400 degrees.
2. Chop and saute some onion and celery in a little bit of oil or butter (or you choice):
3. "Spaghetti-fy" your squash with a fork:
4. Add the squash to your saute pan:
5. Pour in some buffalo sauce. I think I over did it a bit with the buffalo. Depending on the size of your squash, I would recommend starting with a tablespoon or two and going up to 1/4 cup max.
6. Gut your peppers:
7. Fill the peppers with the buffalo squash mixture and top with shredded cheddar cheese (or cheese of your choice):
8. Bake at 350 for 10-15 minutes. Serve and enjoy!
They were good, but I will definitely go easier on the buffalo sauce next time. A coworker suggested adding some quinoa, which I think would be delicious. If you try this or any variations, please let me know!