The waist on the tan skirt was made by pulling the stitches to remove the collar where it attaches to the skirt and cutting it in half. I made the rest of the waist from band from a sleeve making it wide enough to equal the unfolded collar. It is one folded peice, the lower edges presssed under. attach this to ends of collar peices. you should have a sort of pocket you can slide over the raw edges of the skirt peice. stitch in place along seamline.
I did it that way so I would have more "finished" looking edges- I don't have a serger and dread sewing seams twice!
the cuffs of the shirt made the belt loops, and gave the waistband some body (if I had to do it again, I would use interfacing in the waist, bcuz the loose cotton weave is too slouchy.)
I stitched on the buttons by hand, as well as putting an extra tack stitch to hold the collar points in place
Its true! even after i posted enough comments to put up a pic I was too lazy to do it!
These are some reconstructed mens shirts, and a teeny tiny angora pullover that became a shrug. I am really pleased with the tan plaid skirt waistband, so I included a detail shot. I was so excited that they actually came out the way Iplanned.
This is my first post-I would love to here anyfeedback- I am not entirley sure I am even posting these pics right...