Here are my newest slippers. I call them "Babouches". I love them, they fit really well following all the natural curves of the foot... kinda was a long process though :-P
It all started with an idea. I started my first prototype sometime this winter, with bulky wool and really it was all wrong. Wrong yarn (super heavy slipper!) and wrong construction, it just didn't work out the way I liked. So that one stayed in a basket for months and months while I worked on other things.
Finally, about a month ago while talking to my daughter and staring at a granny triangle, I had a sudden inspiration for a totally different construction for this Babouche. I started right away, and that was the blue sample. I could see that it was "right", yet not perfect yet.
So I changed the size of my hook, refined the shaping of the heel, and Ta da... this time it was PERFECT!! :-D
I'm so proud of those, I made 2 more pairs since (including smaller ones for my daughter). And will probably make more... :-P
I hope you like them too :-)