This year, I knew I need to make myself new hats. The old ones are still ok, but a girl needs a new style every so ofte, right ? ;-)
Last week I was working on a cardigan for my niece, and finally worked on inserting this daisy pattern I've been dreaming about for years. I searched high and low in all my stitch dictionaries, and all the flower motifs I found were not right: either too fussy or complicated, or just not the right look.
Then I found one that looked nice in a vintage french "Mon tricot". Tried it, found that the petals just didn't look right on the second row, "fixed" that with a couple modifications... It looked great on the baby cardigan... but I KNEW it begged to become a hat as well !!
I grabbed some Malabrigo merino that used to be a bright yellow, which I re-dyed apple green a couple years ago (yep, sort of a long-haul project :-P ) and started crocheting furiously.. I even took it to my new knitting group (first meeting that night)... and came out with a new hat !!
I just love it, love the color and the way this yarn works out with this pattern !
I hope you'll like it too :-)
Oh btw: Marguerite = daisy in french (I'm french!) :-)