Ok, ok, I know this is my third post in a row, but am I allowed to say that I can do that b/c I am the co-organizer??
Dharma_rebel was my partner, and I really enjoyed getting to know her and hearing about Stuffing in this swap!
She (my partner, that is) sounds like she would be fun to hang out with. I do know that she sent me a TERIFFIC AWESOME GREAT PERFECT swap package!
I am unable to take or post photos, so if Dharma_rebel would like to, I hope she does, b/c you have GOT to see the fabric she used and the mad skillz (yeah, I sound like I'm 17 but I'm excited!) she has! Here goes the description of the items:
1) A very skillfully crafted, sewn teapot cozy. It is made in the most whimsical, colorful owl fabric I have EVER seen, and I fell in love with it the minute I opened the swap box! Unfortunately, I have no use for it as I get my hot water for beverages from a plug in coffee maker thingy (don't know exactly what it's called), so I put it on top of a lampshade of a lamp in my bedroom (the lamp is not plugged in). It's right next to my bed, so I will be able to enjoy looking at it every day!
2) A matching hot pad which will be used as a mug rug! (I have had mug rug envy since seeing the creations here on Craftster) She sewed it together using rainbow colored thread (!) in varying sized squares, from small in the middle, to large around the edges. I love it!
3) A set of SIX coasters that match the mug rug! I have only two from the IYP swap I did during the summer, and I have been thinking how nice it would be to have more...I am so glad that these are it! The fabrics my partner used on these items are just awesome! (AND, she tied them together with this cute piece of ribbon with orange leaf/branch pattern on it!)
4) A knitted, ivory colored mug cozy....not only can this woman work a sewing machine like nobody's business, but she knitted OWLS into the mug cozy! And each of them have cute little button eyes!
5) A pair of ivory colored, knitted fingerless gloves! With like designs knitted into them all over the place! They are truly a work of art. And again, after crocheting countless pairs of fingerless gloves, I had again been thinking how I really need to make myself a pair! And now I don't need to! I can't wait to show them off at work tomorrow!
6) A large package of cheddar broccoli soup mix-makes 1/2 gallon! I can't wait to make this for dinner! It also has 0 trans fat, which was thoughtful of my partner, b/c I told her I am trying to lose weight.
7) Not one, not two, but THREE different types of tea! They are as follows: wild chamomile blossom, cranberry blood orange, and orange spice. Again, thoughtful choices...they are decaffinated and orange is my fav flavor! (and two of them come in nifty tins, and one comes in a cute box which I will find a use for once the tea is gone)
EXTRAS! Here goes: A little orange spoon rest (great idea, I passed them so many times in Michael's and never even thought of that, but it's just the right size to put on my mug rug), Mary Engelbreit themed nail files (always can use those), and Mary Engelbriet themed notecards with a teapot on them!
The card she sent with the items was also coffee themed! I really enjoyed swapping with you dharma_rebel, and greatly enjoyed my swap package! I hope we can swap again in future swaps! Thanks!