i started it two nights ago with a thin yarn and small needles to get it smaller, but i couldn't notice the difference between the squares. i thought it was because my yarn was a solid colour, and started again with a variegated (thicker) yarn. it looks better now, and i know i'm getting almost everything right, but the sides of the squares where i pick up stitches doesn't show up much. the sides where i join the squares appears elevated, giving that look of woven strips, but the other sides are flat... when i pick up the 6 stitches, i pick 1 up, purl or knit it, then do the next. is it right? i couldn't find a way of picking all 6 up and then purling or knitting, because the yarn tail ended up at the other side...
Good luck, and I hope you'll show us the final product!
i'm pretty sure "pick up and knit" or "pick up and purl" does not mean to pick up the stitches and knit/purl them directly afterwards. it's just to indicate how you pick up the stiches -- knitwise or purlwise.
the link that is posted above shows how to pick up stitches for a button band, but for entrelac you should only pick up stitches through the back loop like this:
picking up stitches through the back loop causes the panels to appear woven.
so awhile ago i posted a comment about how freepeople had a panta-ish item on their site. this is what it looks like:
i asked if anyone would like to help figure it out, but i don't think anyone was interested. i recently came across the item on the freepeople site again and feeling more daring, i gave it a go. it's still in progress, but here's what i've got so far:
i'm gonna graft the ends together when i finish knitting it instead of making it a tie like they did. it's actually not hard at all, and i'm considering trying another one without bobbles to see what that'd be like.
i must say, this project really helped me learn my increases and decreases! so much fun.
november lies, i LOVE the color of yours! i'll be joining you with the 3/4 sleeve version, just as soon as i get more yarn. :]
here's my capelet!
sorry for posting so many, pictures... i was just excited i don't have a brooch right now, so i'm using a safety pin. also, i must admit... the pictures don't do justice for the color. it was knit in sierra cranberry, which is such a rich, beautiful red and i'm really happy with it.
i was crocheting a kitty ear hat yesterday in this really awesome hot pink yarn. when i was done, i had this urge to make something else with it. and so, this was born:
(it's REALLY hard to take a picture of your back...)
sorry about the crappy quality, these pictures were taken with a camera phone.
it's a modified version of twins (anna) from knitty, knit up in caron simply soft, watermelon. it may be acrylic, but it's soft as hell! my boobs are really tiny so i had to make the triangles/cups smaller, and decided to add black trim and versatile straps -- they can be worn as pictured above, criss-crossed, or tied behind the neck halter style. i used buttons as closures to make my life easier.
although i've started on many projects (including a sweater, the uo shrug and panta -- i have knitting A.D.D.!), this was my first finished project. i hope you guys like it.
i just recently noticed my duct tape wallet is falling apart. so for the past couple of days, i've been searching far and wide for a decent wallet origami tutorial.. which i couldn't really find. i ended up altering one to my liking, then adding some more of my own touch. in the end, this is what i came up with! (sorry in advance for the blurry pics, they were taken with a camera phone)
inside the money pouch
"green day is love!"
i wrote out the lyrics to "she" by green day on it. and i have plenty more tyvek where that came from.. haha.