I was super excited about this craft project so I went to our local Goodwill and found this chair for $4.50 and then picked up the material at Wal-Mart for $2.00. I already had the paint so the total cost of the chair was $6.50.
As you can see the chair was in great shape structurally but needed some real cosmetic TLC. It had already been recovered once before...that explains the mismatched top and bottom!
I loved that there was storage space under the seat! Score!
Here is a close up of the material I used.
Basically I just removed the back and seat...painted the chair black...recovered and reattached...I then added polka dots...the biggest mistake being that I thought free handing the polka dots would be a great idea...3 hours later the polka dots were being cursed! I had a great time and am SOOOO glad I joined Craftser... This site ROCKS!