My daughter is slightly (okay wicked) obsessed with mermaids and has been begging me to stitch her up a mermaid. I didn't want to stitch the actually Little Mermaid because she kinda annoys me, but found this pattern (http://zuill.us/andreablog/category/embroidery/free-patterns/page/4/
) and thought it would work.
I am not to excited about her face, I stitched and unstitched several colors and none of them looked right so I decided to just stick with black. The same with her arms, I couldn't find a fleshy looking color, that was the closet I had, so she kinds looks a little jaundiced.
Her hair is my favorite, I was originally going to use a strand of metallic red *which you can see if you look close at one part of her hair* but it kept getting stuck and looked off, so I stopped. Her hair is comprised of straight stitches, back stitches and split stitches. When I originally just did a few stitches to show outline like the original pattern showed, it didn't look right. I really like it this way!
As an added bonus I found this nifty frame for a $1 at Target that matches perfectly! :-)