here's a copy of the handiwork..it's on annodized aluminum (the annodization process makes it black) and i used oil based paint, it's the tube kind I got at a local arts store. I used the heaviest paint possible, it took FOREVER To dry, so I sprayed it with some laminate towards the end, it seemed to seal it.
the controller is 8inches X 6inches.. I forget the size of the (I'm pretty sure it was 12pt), but it was small. I ordered the HiRes sheets and they really made a difference. If you don't have small images or fonts, the regular works nicely.
I love this product, it was so easy to work with. I'm getting my niece a kit as part of her birthday present!