As I now have my camera back, I present my highly modified boobholder - http://glampyreknits.tripod.com/glampyrephotos/id62.html
. As I explained in the boobholder thread, I knew I wouldn't wear a short one, but a lengthened sweater like this would be wonderful - which I made (see the boobholder thread here on craftster), with many modifications. I decided I needed another one, but a pullover, instead of a cardigan. The results?
Full view -
Close up of sleeve and neck join -
The colour in these pictures isn't exactly the same as the yarn i used - the actual sweater is more turquoise and much brighter than these pictures. The yarn was Custom Woolen Mills Mule Spinner Yarns in colour 09 (see http://www.customwoolenmills.com/
for the yarn). It took 3 4oz skeins to finish (with a little left over).Modifications
I followed the original pattern quite faithfully until the "separate sleeves" section. I had to add a few more raglan increase rows in order to get the back of the sweater to be wide enough.
However, at the 34 row mark where you are supposed to separate the sleeves, I started the "body inceases" in addition to the raglan increases. From rows 34 - 44 or so (I'm not sure how many rows I did), a right side row would be:
"knit, increasing one stitch before and after each marker."
While wrong side rows would be:
"K5, m1, purl to last 5 stitches, m1 k5."
I did this as the neckline on my cardigan version was too low, and I wanted the neckline higher.
After the back was wide enough, I separated the sleeves (put them onto scrap yarn), and continued with the body/edge increases (the ones on the purl side of the fabric). When the two sides of the front were wide enough to go around me with the garter stitch edging overlapping, I used something akin to three needle bind off to attach the two sides together at the garter stitch edge.
At the end of a knit row, before knitting to the end of the border, I slipped the 5 border stitches to a double pointed needle. I held these stitches in front of the garter stitch border on the other front half of the sweater, and knit through both the right-most stitch in the double pointed needle, and the right most stitch on the circular (as you would in a three needle bind off). I worked the next two stitches the same way, but rather than passing the first stitch worked over the second (binding them off), I left it on the needle, and worked the last three stitches the same way.
I continued knitting around on the circular needle without any increases or decreases - though I did keep the five neck stitches in garter stitch for 8 rounds (alternate rounds of knitting and purling these 5 stitches). I continued until the sweater was long enough (I think it was 12.5 inches from the neck join to the bottom), and then did a decrease row ( *k8, k2tog* around) to compensate for the fact that garter stitch is wider than stocking stitch and then added 8 rows of garter stitch (knit one row, purl one row), and then cast off very loosely.
I finished the sleeves just as the pattern called for.
Wow ... that was alot of explanation.
Anyway, I hope this is helpful for some of you who like the pattern, but no the fact that it's cropped (I also have a lengthened cardigan modification in the boobholder thread itself).