First off, the sizing on this was pretty weird. You were supposed to measure at "hipline" but I would reccommend measuring at the largest part of your booty- if I had done so, my skirt would have fit! I had to give it to my little sister... The instructions for the zipper was confusing so I winged it. Generally, though, it was a nice, basic pattern with few pieces, took only about two hours to make, and was a good introduction!
I made a whole bunch of these for christmas and these are the only two I have left, due to their slightly smashed face appearance. They are made exactly the same way- it's weird how eye placement affects the final outcome. They're done in chunky weight yarn with a J hook, except for the muzzle portion which is in worsted weight and a smaller hook. The scarves are sport-weight yarn with size 3 needles knit in garter stitch. Hope you like them!
This is my very first honest-to-goodness quilt where I did everything correctly! The nine-patch squares were made using real and reproduction feedsack fabrics from the 20's, 30's, 40's and today that I got at thrift shops and at my quilting store. It is fresh off the sewing machine, so hopefully it will become less stiff with time. I made it to match this quilt that my mom gave me for christmas and is an antique:
I really liked this Anthropologie throw: http://s7ondemand1.scene7.com/is/image/Anthropologie/69409_frt?$main265x295$ and thought it would be easy and cheaper to make it myself. I was very wrong... This project ended up being particularly stressfull, and it is heavy enough to be a rug! The cream colored sections are made with either three strands of red heart yarn or one chunky and one worsted strand of wool-ease. If I were to do it all over again, I'd just use one strand of chunky wool-ease and a smaller hook. It's entirly done in hdc- Here it is in action:
but I love it! we live in the woods, so it keeps her visible.
Here's my finished "Howl" for Ms. Zana from the first Stitch 'n Bitch book. It's a great pattern, though I would have cast on a few less stitches for both the back and front portions (maybe six less on the back and four on the front). Also, I would have shortened it a bit more.
I promise, she is much sweeter looking without the frightning eye glare.
this is a quilt i made as a christmas present for a boyfriend but we broke up just in time for me to give it to my little sister! she definitly appreciates it more than he would have. ahem.
here's a closer look
it's made all from 100 percent oxford shirts from the local thrift shop, and tied down at the corners with embroiderey floss. thick-loft batting, maroon fleece to back it, that's it! the best part was ripping apart the seams, of course.
here is my recently aaaaaaalmost finished Tempting from the winter issue of Knitty, found at knitty.com . all it needs is the ribbon, maybe a cream or dark red one, but by the time i have one i won't have a digital camera, so forgive my almost-lie of claiming it done. it is modeled by my fab little sis, who is a ballerina, hence the enviable collarbones. don't be jealous.
is it illegal to post finished knitalong projects in the finished project section as well as the knitalong thread? sorry if it is, i couldn't help myself! there are also several lovely examples of this project here, at said knitalong: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=19083.0
ta da! i know I wasn't along for the "knitalong" part, but here's the final product:
I used rose heather in woolease and it took two skeins- this is the smallest size and it fits my 100-pound sister just fine. Ribbon soon to come (but by the time I have ribbon i won't have a digital camera, so it's a compromise!) good job halfbakedcake, anjanasofia, and everyone else who finished this one!
There's a little old lady in essex junction vermont who sells yarn from her sheep for painfully inexpensive prices- these are all her colors! i am proud to say i even met the sheep. they may not remember it, but it happened.
This bag was made with regular worsted weight yarn, size 13 needles, and I measured one of those dollar-store canvas tote bags, increased the measurements by about 30 percent, then knit it up.