I'm working on my very first poppet right now. I got the pattern from ghillie and have all the pieces sewn and cut out. I'm just waiting on more stuffing before I finish her. I would have had enough except that when I was looking at pictures of other poppets to get some construction ideas a dragon stuffie pretty much demanded to be born. I'm not much of an artist but I ended up drawing a set of dragon wings freehand in one try. So NOT me. After that I took the hint and started creating. We actually had some red and gold dragonscale looking fabric is the masso-stash from a cloak I made myself for Amtgard. I ended up making the wings, which are wired to keep their shape, and the front feet before whatever dragon muse was with me decided to get distracted and go elsewhere. Drew helped me draft the rest of the pattern pieces Saturday night and I finished it yesterday. The dragon hasn't told us its name yet or if it is male or female but it's happy to have been born. I'll post pictures of the poppet once she's done too.
Without further ado: