Thanks! I'd never worked with watercolours on fabric before so even though I'd tried them on a piece of spare fabric from my piece, I still underestimated their tendency to spread so much. One of the main problems I had was if I tried to apply the watercolours to the fabric the water tension of the droplet would just stay on top of the fabric so I had to keep going over it as when it dried the colour would be incredibly pale.
This is the first challenge I've ever participated in so I threw myself into it and came out with a piece that I quite like!
I went with watercolours to tint the fabric as I've suddenly lost my crayons but they were my immediate thought as to what I should do to add colour without going over the top with my satin stitch or long and short stitch. Most of it is back stitch using either two threads for outlining or one for the delicacy I thought was needed inside the main outlines.
With the toe area, I used some plastic clothes pins to clip a rectangle of comic book onto the toe area and carefully cut around the curves with a stanley knife blade before neatening up those edges with a pair of scissors. Any excess was trimmed off with the blade after several coat of watered down PVA glue.
These were made for my prom. They are made from these origami instructions. The big one used 6" by 6" paper and the small ones used 3" by 3". I made the big one and then realised that it would look too weird in my hair so I went with too smaller ones. A bobby pin is hot glued to all of them in one of the joining gaps.