I made this mermaid for a class last year. I quite like her. I'm working on getting her a name still, though.
Her hair got a bit mussed for the picture because she was on an angle and slid a little bit. Her necklace is a bunch of tiny bells.
This is her tail. It took forever to sew and get right! I think it was worth it though, and I used the same general technique for my more recent mermaid plush who I'll post soon. The whole doll is hand stitched.
This year me and my friend decide to go as peg dolls from the most recent season of Doctor Who. Sadly, I couldn't find quite the right fabric to be the one I wanted to from the episode, so instead this had to be me if I were a peg doll.
I made the mask from two separate paper masks, paper clay, and acrylic paints. My mom helped me with the making of the skirt. I bought the shirt and jacket at a thrift store.
I was so glad it didn't snow a whole bunch for Halloween this year. It didn't snow at all, actually, which was very nice. It still wasn't warm, but I managed to have a few layers so I was fine. The candy haul was pretty good this year, too!
I made this plush version of Pigby for my partner in the Pushing Daisies Swap Round 3. It was such a great swap, I loved it!
I forgot to post these pictures after the swap, but now I've remembered so here he is! He's made of felt and has safety eyes. I'm actually quite happy with how he turned out. I think I'll have to make myself one at some point.
I tried to be fairly accurate and neat with his spots and such, so it took a decent amount planning and time. Luckily I remembered to trace them before I sent him off. Less luckily, I have no idea where they went, so I will be waiting to make my own until I find them again. It'll happen though!
I made this as a project for a mixed media class in school. We had to do an installation project at our homes, so I made this little guy and put him in the tree in the yard of where I was staying. My teacher didn't seem to think it was a good use of installation, but I was pretty happy with him. Also, it took people about half a minute to see him and he creeped out one of them. Personally, I think of that as a successful installation for him. He would sit in the tree without being tied there, but I had to leave him there for a while so I tied him on anyways in case it got windy. None of the pictures from then worked very well and were all blurry, though, so I took these pictures instead.
In fact, they show one of the things I love most about him, which I that he perches nicely on my fingers. He is made of super sculpey on a tin foil form. Painting him was a pain, since it was done in many thin layers to keep the texture. I also got very picky about colours for a while there. Sadly, my pictures don't quite show the real colours. He is a dark-ish green with lighter green stripes, a yellow-brown beak, and his limbs and belly are brown. Sorry they came out a bit darker in the pictures.
I can't remember what I called him originally, so he gets a very unoriginal title for this post, but oh well.
I made this guy for my mixed media class. It was an 'artifact' project, so we had to come up with a write-up to go along with our projects. One of my friends helped me write it, and it was entirely unrealistic and implausible, ending up with him being from an alternate Earth and using a Doctor Who reference for the date.
This is the first time I've used sculpey for a school project, and I'm actually quite pleased with how he turned out. I like him.
He's mostly made of super sculpey over crumpled or folded aluminum foil. That's the only reason that when his legs broke they didn't come off entirely. Gluing them back together would have been much more difficult without it, I think. The wings are translucent liquid sculpey and wire.
I like pie. I like it even more when I'm on a 'Pushing Daisies' kick, which happens on a semi-regular basis. I was having a wonderful marathon of both seasons when I decided to sew a pie for myself. Even though it's not quite how I'd hoped it would turn out, I'm rather proud of it, and it is very soft. (I'd hoped to avoid darts, and made tiny versions to figure out a good shape for the pie edges in order to do this. Sadly, it was being made on a timeline for school and I just HAD to lose the pattern when I did...*sigh* Oh well.) The darts are fairly evenly placed around it, but they don't look very pie-ish to me. It's all squishy and I spray it with pear-smelling stuff though, which is nice.
Here's a link to a picture of it:
I also have some red marble-ish fabric which I plan on using as the filling for a second pie pillow, hopefully I'll find/recreate the proper shape and actually avoid the unpleasantness of strange looking darts.
I have a slight obsession with the show 'Pushing Daisies' and I do love pie, so I decided to make pie-related things. Here are the button/pin and the hairclip that I made. I'm rather fond of them. I'm thinking of putting some glaze on the filling part of them, but I'm not sure. I'm hoping to make more in other colours