Okay, these matchboxes are some of the coolest things I've ever seen on Craftster. I can't even name favourites anymore - my head is spinning!
And even more because I got my box from Suereal this afternoon. Holy cow! She totally walked all over the "no extras" rule - the box was about the size of three VHS tapes stacked up! "It's all padding" she says, but bubblepack was never this good! I don't even know where to begin...
Okay, here's everything that was in the box. The main (and most legitimate) packing material was a wonderful lot of wool suiting samples. I'm already dreaming of what I can make of these. So many of them! Then there was an envelope containing a card (with a wonderful image by ManWoman - I'm a fan) and an ATC (which we had agreed to swap), then the matchbox itself, wrapped in another wool sample. Even the string is fabulous. Plus there's a large wood and brass wall-mounted hook, a tiny bell in the shape of an owl and a squirrel-shaped spring clip.
Here's the hook (a wonderful thing in its own right) and the "tweed robot" ATC, which is pieced out of more wool suiting, with great hand-stitching, buttons and tiny studs. Brilliant!!!
Here's the matchbox itself, which I included mostly to show that the contents didn't quite all fit inside - something was already squeezing out. The box is covered in a mosaic of copper, gold and silver foil, each embossed with different patterns.
And no wonder it was bursting out - look at how tightly it's packed! I could barely slide the box open.
And finally, here's what was inside, referenced to Susi's itemized and annotated list. (Note the zebra-print lining in the box!)
1. Small Mind Sector - everyone has someplace they would like to put something like this.
2. 2 star stickers - For glitter
3. Lady Bug stickers - it reminded me of the hibernating Lady Bugs in your yurt.
4. Plastic dog tag - pretend they are wolf foot prints...
5. Food grade silicon band. Just not something I thought you'd buy for yourself. Bundle asparagus and boil, for example.
6. Automatic Transcribing Machine. A tiny steampunk writing bug. Carefully bend its legs so it stands. (I've glued them on 3 times with 3 different glues. Hope it holds.) It did.
7. 3 shell buttons
8. Small coin from my belly dance belt.
10. Token for Amusement only. That's exactly what I'll use it for.
11. Wolf and man dangles Obviously I love these!
12. 2 Scrabble tiles W & I
13. Knife, fork, spoon
14. Tiny key (vintage)
15. CN Tower I think this may actually be the Skylon Tower at Niagara Falls. More research is required.
16. Square sun button
19. Rhino - I made this in college. A wonderful little charm made of brass and another metal (nickle?)
20. Handsome/Valuable clip One side says "HANDSOME" in tiny letters, the other says "VALUABLE"
21. Spool of thread
22. Skull - from Tibet and vintage Silver I think.
23. An armadillo.
25. French paper clip
26. 12 tiny coins.
Thanks for all this wonderful, fabulous stuff. I'm going to go fondle it all again right now