Swap name: Prayer Flag Swap Round 6
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: Wulf
Sign-up date range: 03/17/2016 to 03/26/2016
Date to send item by: 04/25/2016
Limited to a certain number of people? NO
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? NO
If so, which country? N/A
Additional Age requirement? NO
Swap Organizer himself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: N/A
- Is at least 18 years old: YES
Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old: YES
- If within the US, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: YES
- If outside the US, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: YES
It's been over a year since the last Prayer Flag Swap, so it's time for another round! If you don't know about prayer flags, this article from Cloth Paper Scissors How to Make Prayer Flags
1. Cut pieces of fabric to 5" x 11". Use materials you already have on hand.
2. Fold the top down on each piece of fabric and stitch in place to create a 3" sleeve, making the flag surface 5" x 8".
3. Paint, stitch, embroider, appliqué, or collage the flags.
4. Add words, journaling, or symbols as desired. You can appliqué letters, add hand stitching, stencil with textile paint, or just write with a permanent marker.
5. Thread the flags onto a string or cord and hang them outdoors so the breeze will catch them and spread your intentions.
To keep this an easy, low-stress swap, you can choose to send to either one or two partners
. In addition, each of us is going to make an additional prayer flag for ourselves
. So if you have one partner, you're going to make two flags and keep one, and if you have two partners, you're going to make three flags and keep one.
As usual, to sign up for this swap, complete this questionnaire and PM it to Wulf
. But first, read this IMPORTANT INFORMATION:
- You must get delivery confirmation if sending within the U.S., or a mailing receipt if sending to or from elsewhere in the world.
- If you must send late, let the organizers and your partner know ASAP.
- Good communication is very important. If you haven't already posted in this thread, please do so as soon as you've signed up, and stay in touch by posting weekly in the swap thread.
- PM both
your partner when you send
and when you receive
- Please post photos of the flags you receive and the flag you made for yourself in the gallery. Remember to take pictures of what you make before you send it, just in case.
- HAVE FUN!
Some inspiration from previous swaps:Prayer Flag Swap #5Prayer Flag Swap #4Prayer Flag Swap #3Prayer Flag Swap #2Prayer Flag Swap #1
The Prayer Flag Project
QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap: Prayer Flag Swap Round 6 (Date to send item by: Monday, April 25th)
Your real name:
Mailing address including the country in correct shipping format:
Are you willing to ship to an address outside your own country? (Note that prayer flags can usually be sent in a small padded envelope, so international postage should be reasonable.)
Confirm that you are at least 16 years old or, if not, that you have moderator approval (YES/NO)
Confirm that you will provide a Delivery Confirmation number if mailing within the US, or keep your postal receipt for non-US packages. (YES/NO)
Do you want ONE partner or TWO partners?
1. Do you have any allergies that are strong enough to prevent you from being partnered with certain people and what are they?
2. Do you have any other things you wish to avoid (such as feathers, glitter or animal products)?
3. Do you have any allergens (pets, smoke) in your house?
4. Please list 4-6 different inspirational words you would like to see on your flag.
5. Name some of your favorite images/themes that you would enjoy seeing on your flag:
6. Are there any images/themes that your partner should avoid?
7. What are your favorite colors, or color combinations?
8. Are there any colors your partner should avoid?
9. Please add a few more details about yourself and your tastes to help your partner get an idea of who you are. The more information you give, the better she/he can craft for you. Feel free to add a link to your Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook or anything else that would give her/him an idea of your tastes and interests.
6. Acadian Driftwood
Renstar: P_E_S_T & puzzled-penguin
rscowtown: gigglygirl & Smmarrt
gigglygirl: rscowtown & alwaysinmyroom
quaggy: Abbeeroad & calliemae
alwaysinmyroom: gigglygirl & Abbeeroad
P_E_S_T: Renstar & seeuudee
Abbeeroad: alwaysinmyroom & quaggy
Acadian Driftwood: PerfectlyBohemian & SonjaBoo
calliemae: craftylittlemonkey & quaggy
CraftyMamaBee: redpopsicles & cmarion3
PerfectlyBohemian: Acadian Driftwood & cmarion3
fatewineroses: loves2experiment & redpopsicles
puzzled-penguin: Renstar & wendiek
redpopsicles: fatewineroses & CraftyMamaBee
cmarion3: PerfectlyBohemian & CraftyMamaBee
SonjaBoo: Wulf & Acadian Driftwood
seeuudee: P_E_S_T & Antidigger