I really love this new trend of embroidered sweatshirts that have been popping up all over pinterest. But I'm not really good at embroidery by hand, so I made one with a little cheating. I used puff paint instead of thread! And here is a simple tutorial of how you could do it, too:)
-puff paint (textile paint that puffs up when exposed to heat) in as many colours as you want, but If you'll be using my design, you'll need 3 tones for the flower part and 2 for the leaves.
1. Find a cross stitch design you like. If you have time an patience, the possibilities are endless. But if you're a little less patient/lazy:) , use a really simple one (like mine, you can get it here: https://photos-6.dropbox.com/t/0/AACyZu_43NkQ_HUckKEuHd7klR9Fx9_qtwN18vumN9PlLg/12/4041760/jpeg/32x32/3/_/1/2/vzorec.jpg/ku8pYasGfBP928bgd0stHwQQ6bQBOVeGLvRnhmSGoEU?size=1280x960
2. Hoop the front side of the sweatshirt, so the fabric will be really stretched and there will be a smaller chance to smudge anything.
3. If you're really patient, you can draw a whole grid with a wash away fabric marker on the hooped area. Or you can do it like me, just draw tiny spots in the middle, in a straight line, 1 cm away from each other (or use any measurement you'd like, the measurement will later bi the size of the X-s)(*i forgot to take pictures till here, so i just made a sketch, i hope that's ok:))
4. Now start "embroidering". If you've made a whole grid, draw crosses in the same areas as in the pattern. If you were lazy like me, start drawing crosses of the appropriate colour over the marked spots in the one line. Then just add a line above that, a line below, etc. until you're finished. Just remember, the crosses have to be roughly the same size.
5. Leave to dry for the night. It says 6 hours on the paint packaging, but give it more time just in case. Now take your iron and set it to the highest setting, put some parchment paper over the design and iron over it, until the paint puffs up (for 30 around seconds. Also, don't use steam!). Voila, you have a very stylish sweatshirt:)