I made this cape almost exactly a year ago, but completely forgot to post it here. It was one of my first bigger clothes projects and I'm still extremely proud of it. It's based on this "free pattern": http://matterofstyle.blogspot.co.uk/2012/02/cape-coat-diy-free-pattern.html
(I couldn't figure out if I can actually print it for free, so I just improvised, glued together the same number of A4 papers and drew the same lines... It worked out great:)). I also added a collar.
I've lined it with pink fabric. I don't know why, but pink is my favourite colour for linings:)
I also didn't really know how to make the arm slits, so I completely improvised that part. I made something resembling 2 giant button holes and then covered them with a black rectangle made out of the same wool as the collar. Probably not the neatest solution, but at least I can put my arms out and play with the dog:)