Tonight, I cracked open my machine embroidery stuff and went to town. Or rather, I made one ornament. There was a steep learning curve, since this is my first machine embroidery cutwork ornament, but it didn't turn out too poorly. I plan on keeping this one, since it was a first attempt, and using what I've learned to improve on future ornaments.
Anyway, here it is:
And with a business card so you can see the size (though I guess my hand in the previous one also showed that.)
I'm still working on figuring out how to get the edges as neat as I want them to be. Any comments and criticism is very much welcomed!